Monday, February 11, 2008

Blog on. . .

If you haven't noticed, I've had a difficult time blogging lately. In fact, I've had a difficult time opening my laptop. This makes blogging sporadic. I have, however, spent more time being with my kids. I've noticed that this reduces significantly the amount of "bombs" I have to worry about cleaning up around the house each day. Remember, I said reduces.

Today we had friends over (5 friends from a fellow homeschooling family, to be precise), and I was downstairs managing activities in a hands-off way. I was even beginning to get into Nanny McPhee. I suddenly realized I didn't know exactly where #5 was, and went upstairs to see if he had escaped up the stairs. As I entered the kitchen, I saw the refrigerator door wide open, with the entire contents of the refrigerator door on the floor. Neatly arranged, of course. #4 and #5 were happily dissecting the contents of the lower shelves, and as I reached for him, #5 was in the process of tasting an egg. Luckily, he didn't get past the shell, and I whisked him away into his high chair while I helped #4 clean up and find a snack. Our fridge has been rather bare lately, and I suppose he was hunting for things in the door among the ketchup and mustard?

Later on, I found a huge pile of puzzle pieces on his bedroom floor. He had emptied out his puzzle drawer in order to make room for my new "shut-the-box" game. I knew I should have him clean it up, but I HATE losing pieces to things, so I obsessively/compulsively began putting pieces back where they belonged. I was missing about half of them, however. After thinking for a minute, I looked inside the "shut-the-box" container and found some puzzle soup. It must have been a fun project.

This was a minor incident day on the road of life, and I did have time to read during the day. Right now I'm reading Susan Wise Bauer's The Story of the World with #1 and #2, and we're all enjoying it very much. We made a "baby Moses" newspaper reed basket today. I'm also reading Dr. Shettles' How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby (no immediate plans. . . but an interesting read).

1 comment:

Shell said...

I bet you want to find out how to have a boy! HeHe