Monday, February 18, 2008

Ethics

Okay. There is a nice cat that roams our immediate neighborhood, and if we leave stuff outside in our carport, it gets marked. So far, a stroller and camp chair, some cardboard boxes and a knight's shield have fallen prey to this horrendous fate. I think this cat belongs to our back neighbor, and it is friendly with my kids.

I have no problem with setting out poison for ants, rats, etc, but is it morally right to poison someone else's pet for being a nuisance? I've seen the pets of friends die mysterious, horrible deaths from being poisoned. I think it would be a more humane solution to not leave items outside. . .

Let your voice be heard, and vote in my poll! If we can save the yeast, we can save some cats, too!

4 comments:

Alberta said...

There are so many other ways to deal with nuisance animals, why whould anyone even consider poison!? Lack of creativity, I guess. Sad...

Shell said...

We are not to fond of cats. I know my father-in-law just got a ticket for having dogs loose I think the same rules should apply to cats. My son got bit by a stray that was in our yard he was being nice to it and trying to take care of it because it looked hungry. I just put it in a pen and called animal control and they came and hauled it away.

Arborist said...

My thought was to rig up some sort of "cat trap" where they would be contained until we could call animal control or take it to its owner. Maybe we could put our camp chairs in the trap for bait?

Shell said...

I had an idea if you can catch the cat. Put a note on it telling the owner that it is causing damage to your property and if it keeps comming into your yard then you will have to call animal control. So they can have a chance to keep it home.