
Dale purchased a Jolly Roger flag a few weeks ago, and the result was interesting. I needed a heavy weed-smothering mulch for the north end of the back yard, and was asking around to see if anyone would mind us raking their leaves, as we don't have mature trees yet. Then, one sunny garbage day, we had the bright idea to harvest the bounty of leaves that had already been raked and bagged! The leaf pirates made three circuits of the neighborhood, and made off with around 16 bags of freshly raked leaves from our neighbors' curbs. I have never seen a leaf pile quite as large as what we created from those bags. . .

Unfortunately, I allowed a couple of days to elapse before I documented the pile. By then I had already raked half of the pile out, but you get the general idea!
2 comments:
Cool leaf pile. I just mow ours with the multching mower so we don't have to rake them. Most of our trees are pine so we shouldn't have to rake but they drop needles. No fun to dive in however.
Shelly
Awesome flag... :)
Post a Comment