I've been encouraging the kids to write more for their school time lately, and after reading my nephew Daren's awesome poem, I was inspired to post a sampling of their work.
Stephen:
I saw it with mine own eyes,
In the woods by the mines.
It was big, furry, and drool came from its mouth.
I saw it in my youth.
And years later, about 5, I think,
I saw it in my bottle of ink!
It growled, it gnashed its horrible yellow teeth,
It kicked me with its ugly feet!
I smashed into the wall, and saw the thing fall!
I looked out the window, and saw the thing in a telephone stall!
The thing pushed a button, and was sucked into the telephone!
And since then, I've looked and looked, but I haven't found a bone!
Gareth:
Once upon a time there was a troll baby and a good troll baby.
Troll baby: Goo Goo Gaa Gaa Dag! Dag! Boo!
Bad Troll Baby: (Goes to jump on good troll.)
Good Troll: (bites bad troll's b**.)
Bad Troll: Owwwwwwuch! (smacks good troll in the head.)
Good Troll: (jumps on bad troll's b**.)
Bad Troll: (jumps on good troll's head but misses and falls into the river.)
Good Troll: Yahoo!
Jacob (as dictated to me):
Once upon a time there was a red skeleton. Then Dad was running around with his brothers, and one of his brothers saw the skeleton. Then Dad saw the skeleton too, and he ran to punch it in the stomach. Then the skeleton ran fast back into his cave and he baked some rice pudding.
THE END
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very cool poems! Your boys sound as smart and talented as you and Dale.
Tell the boys they did an awesome job and that they should keep writing!! :)
lol! They are definitely boys! Very nice.
Post a Comment