Saturday, November 8, 2008

Interesting...

Life is interesting. I've noticed, for example, that since I've started writing every night I get more sleep, my kids go to bed at 8, and I'm more productive during the day. I love writing, even if I don't know what to write about. For example, I have absolutely no idea where I want my story to go tonight, but I'm not worrying about it. When I stop procrastinating and start writing, I'll just write whatever pops into my head.

This is so interesting to me. Usually, I feel like a chicken running around with its head cut off during the day. I'll bounce from one task to another as I remember things, hardly ever finishing half of the things I start. This past week, however, I've been able to keep a clean kitchen, do school with my kids, do LAUNDRY (the evil beast it is), AND wander around occasionally feeling like I have nothing to do. (Most likely the result of scant short-term memory.) We've even been enjoying the chicken pox. I've been less worried about life in general, and I've looked forward to each day. Amazing.

My dh remarked last night that I must have learned something from Louis L'amour, because one of my characters in my novel had some forestry skills. That definitely WAS interesting.

For those of you who are still waiting for the hallowe'en pics, here they are. Finally. What are they looking at? Probably this...


Later on #5 was feeling better and enjoying his apple...

Um. Yes. Well, I thought it looked good on him! After one and all left on their trick-or-treat-a-thon, I decided to get dressed up, too. After gathering all my materials, I was interrupted several times by trick-or-treaters before I was satisfied.

By the way, my corset does not fit like it used to, but I don't care. It looks cool, anyway!

P.S. 12,000 words and counting!

5 comments:

Camille said...

Dale makes a really good vampire! :)

Rex Vallis said...

Probably not a good Edward Cullen, however...

Shell said...

I am glad you are having so much success in writing. I used to write in my journal every day (no that many words) and it was really good for me and my mind also. I need to make time to do it again.

I like the halloween pics. For a sec. I thought did she have a girl that I didn't hear about. HeHe

Tamary said...

I just saw that you passed the halfway mark! (25,000 words) Congratulations! (Lend me some of your spare inspiration, please...)

Anna said...

That pic of Dale is the scariest thing i have ever seen