Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Writing is FUN

I've been working on a novel lately, and have recently decided to abandon it for a month while I participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Write Month) in November. The idea is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. Just to say you did. You lock your inner editor away in a safety deposit box for 30 days so you can let your creativity flow without criticizing yourself into stagnation! The great thing (for me, anyway) is that there is a young writers program, and Stephen is doing it with me! The young participants (17 and younger) can set their own word count goal, and they have cute workbooks to help them plan out their novel before they start writing Nov 1.

Sooo... if you would like to join me in this challenge, please do! The more the merrier!

I''m still trying to decide what to write about--maybe where all those helpful, talking enchanted animals come from in fairytales. Maybe they have to go to a helpful enchanted animal school. :)

My username is amillsap, and you can add me as your nanowrimo friend. (Kim--what is your username?)

Hooray for writing!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey Angie! I'm signed up under kimberloohoo.

Kimberly said...

I think you're added as one of my writing buddies already...

Kimberly said...

P.S. I'm updating my blog again! Woot woot!