Thursday, May 1, 2008

And the winner is. . .

My amazing eldest son has done it again. He is the first one to be published in our family! Hooray!! He spent the past few months writing a detailed script for his favorite videogame, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. His purpose--to make a live-action movie with his friends! We are now past the audition stage and into rehearsal planning. I must say that this is more of a project than I ever anticipated. He is obsessively motivated, though, which helps me remember that I need to help him. . . The creation of this pet project of his will be a fabulous learning experience for everyone (especially me). He even emailed the Nintendo Corp's legal division to ask about what he would have to do to use their characters. Anyway, I am looking forward to my NaNoWriMo this year. I'm sure glad we homeschool and have the opportunity to learn by DOING. He's a great inspiration to all of us!

1 comment:

Alberta said...

That's the great thing about homeschooling; kids can pursue their interests and parents support it rather than saying "That's a waste of time, now do your homework."